Below is a summary of major campground closures and openings this past week due to COVID-19. Visit our State by State Campground Closures & Responses page for a complete list of closures.
Campground Closure Stats This Week
- Over 40% of RV parks, campgrounds and dispersed camping locations in the United States listed on Campendium are closed or operating with restrictions.
- Most National Park campgrounds in the U.S. are closed and forty-three states have closed all of their state park campgrounds.
- Over 20% of campgrounds in Canada are closed, including National Park and most Provincial Park campgrounds.
You can search for campgrounds that are known to be open during the coronavirus pandemic by using the filter on the Campendium search results page to “exclude temporarily closed locations.” Recreational camping is not advisable during this time.
Riverside County in California rescinded an order closing private campgrounds in the following cities: Aguanga, Anza, Banning, Beaumont, Bermuda Dunes, Blythe, Cabazon, Calimesa, Canyon Lake, Cathedral City, Cherry Valley, Coachella, Corona, Coronita, Desert Center, Desert Edge, Desert Hot Springs, Desert Palms, East Hemet, Eastvale, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, French Valley, Garnet, Good Hope, Green Acres, Hemet, Highgrove, Home Gardens, Homeland, Idyllwild-Pine Cove, Indian Wells, Indio, Indio Hills, Jurupa Valley city, La Quinta, Lake Elsinore, Lake Mathews, Lake Riverside, Lakeland Village, Lakeview, March ARB, Mead Valley, Meadowbrook, Mecca, Menifee, Mesa Verde, Moreno Valley, Mortmar, Mountain Center, Murrieta, Norco, North Shore, Nuevo, Oasis, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Perris, Rancho Mirage, Ripley, Riverside, Romoland, San Jacinto, Sky Valley, Temecula, Temescal Valley, Thermal, Thousand Palms, Valle Vista, Vista Santa Rosa, Warm Springs, White Water, Wildomar, Winchester and Woodcrest.
How You Can Help
Recreational camping is not advisable during this time.
- Escapees has published a CALL TO ACTION urging RVers to reach out to elected officials in an attempt to protect the rights and needs of the RV community during this time. Join the effort to help keep RV parks open.
- Sign the Truck Camper Magazine petition to keep campgrounds open during this time.
- Report a Campground Closure.
- Tell your elected officials to classify RV businesses as essential today!